Monday, October 23, 2006

Purple Crocs?

Julie says everyone will think we're crazy if I post this, but really you have to be at least a little crazy to even be in this business. And I do think that being silly sometimes is good for the soul! So, here goes... I'm posting a blog about purple Crocs.


We all know that putting together a fashionable ensemble every day can be stressful. When you're knee-deep in monster holiday orders, and running on no sleep, it's a nightmare! We decided this year that we absolutely needed something easy, something comfortable, something neat. Maybe even something that ties in with our new sage and plum corporate colors. When I was making our green logo aprons for "The Great Buck Howard" movie, a LIGHT BULB went on. It's perfect! No muss, no fuss... a no-brainer in fact! Tie our soon-to-be-famous aprons on over comfortable pants and a shirt and Voila! Dressed in 5 minutes flat and looking good!


But what about our poor on-em-for-twenty-hours-a-day feet? Foot comfort is absolutely KEY...in fact, it can pretty much make or break your day. Julie bought her first pair of Crocs last winter, and swears they are the most comfortable things ever. Okay then, we decided...Crocs, it is! We sat down together after a crazy busy day last week, clicked on the Crocs website, and placed the order. Green or purple...purple or green? We spent more time on this earthshattering decision than we will ever admit. Green would be the more tasteful choice, but we decided we wanted something FUN...fun, comfortable, and PURPLE!

A week has passed, and our fun and very purple Crocs have arrived. I gave them a test drive on Friday, and my feet are doin' the happy dance!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Marcia and Julie (my husband and I sat next to you in Boston in '05 at the awards dinner/we're from Atlanta). I LOVE your post about the purple Crocs. I bought a pale yellow pair this summer and recently bought a black pair. I keep one pair in the shop always. Makes a huge difference at the end of the day in how my legs and feet feel!!! My sister was totally mortified to learn I was a Croc-a-holic, so of course I've had to email her several pix of me and my Crocs:-) I'll have to check if they have burgundy or gold so I can match our aprons/logo -- great idea! Looking forward to your Hollywood debut! Grace:-)

8:39 PM  
Blogger Marcia said...

Grace,
Sorry for the delayed response on your comment. We've been on a dead run the past 2 days trying to get a couple of big projects out the door, and generally "putting out fires". Every holiday season seems to get a little more challenging, doesn't it?
Of course we remember both of you from the Jubilee dinner! Thanks for validating my purple Crocs post. You have to be in our mutual shoes (literally) to know what I mean. They may not be pretty, but the comfort definitely makes up for any style deficits.
Also thanks for the good wishes on "The Great Buck Howard". According to what we read, it is in post-production, so the movie stills could come at any time...believe me we will be posting them as soon as they arrive.
Best of luck on your holiday season! It was great to hear from you.

Julie and Marcia

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home