Sunday, August 20, 2006

Emily Blunt


One of the baskets we sent to Los Angeles has found it's way to young up and coming actress Emily Blunt, most recently seen in "The Devil Wears Prada".

We received a phone call last week from Wendy Finerman Productions in LA. They had one of our gifts in their office, but the message card had gotten separated from the gift. They loved the basket, but weren't sure if it was meant for Ms. Finerman's birthday the previous week or if it was intended for someone else.

I did some detective work and discovered that we hadn't shipped anything directly to her, so it was probably one of the 20 gifts we sent out for "The Great Buck Howard" a few weeks ago. Wendy Finerman is a producer, with movies such as "Forrest Gump", "Sugar & Spice", "Drumline", "StepMom" and "The Devil Wears Prada" to her credit. I explained the situation with the gifts, and Wendy's assistant deduced that since Emily had just signed on to star in the movie that the gift was probably intended for her. Mystery solved!

I should say that I'm not really one to be star-struck. Thanks to one friend who works for a major record label and another who was a photographer for Modern Drummer, I spent some time back stage at more than a few big rock concerts when I was younger. After watching the members of a very famous hair band (well, it WAS the 80's) playing with remote control cars backstage, I concluded at a pretty young age that famous actors and musicians aren't much different from us....except for the fact that they're famous.

But - THIS whole story amazes me. I haven't completely accepted that our gifts and someone wearing our uniform will be appearing in a Tom Hanks movie. We also just shipped out 2 gift baskets that went directly to the set of one of the most popular shows on TV. I know it to be true, but it feels totally unreal.

My friend Laura made the comment that nothing is harder to digest than a big, fat slice of good luck - and I think she's right. We've been working so hard to make this business successful, and it's been an uphill battle. Having an opportunity this big seems pretty improbable. What's next - is Ashton Kutcher going to jump out and tell me that I've been Punk'd?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Greeneyezz said...

Very cool Julie! Sounds like some real good opportunities here! I'm very happy for you and keep my fingers crossed. :)

~ZZ

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home