Friday, January 16, 2009

Still Alive!


Over the past 6 months our regular customers have asked Julie about my whereabouts and about what I've been up to. I actually am still alive and kicking, and wanted to jump in for a couple of paragraphs and do a little catching up.


The previously mentioned pesky knee was replaced last June, and since then I've enjoyed being semi-retired from the basket business (and being able to walk!) I'm still a full-time nurse at University Hospital, but at age 60, I am dead-set on taking some time for me.


Julie and I still "talk business" frequently, and confer on major business decisions, but she has been running the day-to-day show alone since June and I might add, doing a FABULOUS job! And this is as it should be...the business was originally Julie's creation. I jumped in early on to help back in 2001, and together we built up the business to where it is today. Since I've been out of the picture, she has taken the bull by the horns, so to speak, and fine-tuned our operation in many positive ways. We have 2 well-trained permanent staff whom we trust to handle things when Julie is busy or unavailable. As a result, she has more time to work on the things that improve and strenghthen our business, such as marketing, customer service, website operation....basically, all of the nuts and bolts of things.


All in all we're in a very good place business-wise, with many positive things happening, and the possible movie appearance is just frosting on the cake! It's an exciting time for both of us.


Do I miss the business? Of course I do! I really miss the everyday time I had with my daughter. And when I jumped in to help out over the holidays, there were lots of hugs from old friends and customers.


The Syracuse Gift Basket Company will always be my retirement job of choice, but in the meantime, I am kicking back and living a little. And marveling at the great things Julie is doing with our business!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home