Monday, September 11, 2006

Jacqueline Savage-McFee


I had a chance recently to reconnect with an amazing woman I met at the WISE conference earlier this year, Jackie Savage-McFee. Jackie is a Liverpool native (currently living in Charlotte, NC) who produces a line of stationary and school supplies that are as exuberant, fun and colorful as Jackie herself. She graciously agreed to donate some of her products for a cystic fibrosis fundraiser here in Syracuse and she wondered if we would be willing to package them up so that they weren't just laying on a table. Of course I jumped at the chance to work with her - Jackie is a pretty cool chick! This is a picture of one of the gifts we designed with her "Perfectly Plaid" and "Flutterbys" collections.

For those of you who attended WISE, you might remember that Jackie was part of the panel discussion with Amy Tormey of Ray's New York Bagels, moderated by Julie Abbott of Bridge Street on Channel 9. Her story was fascinating - she had an opportunity to work for Hallmark right out of college, which had been her dream job. But then she got an offer from a much smaller company called Notebound. It was a critical turning point, but Jackie took the risk because it would give her more creative freedom. Her JSM Design Studio produces a fun line of products that are sold all over the country - you can find them at Target, Wal-Mart, Rite-Aid, and locally at Wegman's. When I spoke to her last week, she was jetting off to Hong Kong to work on some new business ideas. How cool is that?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Ann Marie said...

Those are beautiful baskets! I loved Jackie as well. Her designs are so fresh and unique, and my daughter was already a huge fan. Jackie was generous enough to send each attendee home with and assortment of her newest creations and I barely got through the door when my daughter exclaimed: "Are those for me!!??" Well, let's just call that a rhetorical question....I haven't laid eyes on them since.Julie you really made those adorable items look even cuter- Very Clever Packaging! (I think you could even make black and white composition notebooks look good!)

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie: Jackie told me she was sending you some of her "stuff" but you took works of art and brought them to the next level. Outstanding! I also have to say "thanks" because CF is near and dear to my heart and we all appreciate your efforts. And for all us Jackie fans - yes, I have a Diva mousepad and a Chicks Rule notebook - there is great news on the horizon. She is coming out with a line of office stationery for businesswomen!!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

That's fantastic!

We LOVE Jackie's designs, can't wait to see the new line!

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LUV her binders, everything! I wish she made mechanical pencils

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She has good taste for what we want for school every year, and she keeps them coming in! I love all of her items, and I'll definatly buy them this year!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home